Monday, October 5, 2009

New pictures

I can tell that school is in full swing. I took some time this evening to edit some pictures and realized that not only had a not posted any pictures from September but I had not even looked at them. So here is September in a nutshell.
Charlie has come a long way since the first day of school. Here drawings sure show how much she has learned. She drew this for Natalie. I tried really hard to get her to give it to me instead but she wouldn't budge so I snapped a picture of it before she took it to school.
Here is Charlie helping Brantley in the farmers market at the fair. This is the must do thing for us. Charlie just loves it. She gets to pretend to harvest apples, potatoes, and eggs and then sell them at market. She is always saying how she is going to be a farmer when she grows up. Only God knows.
I was so excited when Charlie asked when Emily's birthday was. Last year she wouldn't let me have a party b/c Emily wasn't real. This year she couldn't wait. We had fun picking out her small cake and lighting the candle. Charlie even let her have a small taste of her yummy cake.
Can you tell that B LOVES spaghetti? He always needs a bath when he is done.
I love everything about this photo. It shows that Dusty is trying his hardest to make Charlie as anal as he is. They are counting the circles on the quilt to make sure that it is laying the correct way on the bed. No this is not a math lesson...It is an organizational lesson.
And here is Charlie working on writing her name. I am such a mean mommy. She has homework every night. We read a book and have table work. Here are just a few things we have done for "homework": writing her name, drawing in her journal, writing a shopping list, sorting pattern blocks, building flowers w/ pattern blocks, play dough, lacing, and even gluing stuff to the paper. I want her to know that she has homework every day regardless of what school says. Maybe I do teach AP pre-k.

1 comment:

Kristin and Co. said...

Ha ha...AP PreK. I love it.