Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Before kids

Dusty and I have had this conversation many times. What do you miss about it just being us...you know before the kids? Is seems silly but we miss the 3 am trips to Denny's (Taco Bell). So, Friday night when Dusty got home from work and my friends left from scrapbooking we went and ate at Denny's. We are old now (32 next week and 34 in December) so it wasn't quite 3 am. 11:30 was late enough for us.

I know Denny's seems a silly thing to miss. Really we have decided that it is not so much as the food but the ability to say "Hey lets go to..." and then walk out the door.
With Charlie being almost 4 she is pretty easy. You just have her get in the car unless it is late, then you need a blanket and a cup. But with Brantley you still have to remember diapers, cup, blanket, passifer, formula...the list just goes on. That is what we miss. Decided that you want to go somewhere and walking out the door the next second to go to the destination.

1 comment:

Kristin and Co. said...

Oh yes. Taco Bell in the middle of the night. I use to reminisce about that too. I remember when Rachel hit an age, probably about 4 when I could just throw her in the car for crazy things like that - it was fun to her.