Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Christmas


I know, this is crazy.  It is the 19th of Jan and I am just now getting around to mentioning my Christmas presents from this year.  I got a few "home improvement" items this year. Isn't that just what happens when you become an adult.  No more toys for you.  We got a new screen door.  Beautiful huh!  I love that it slams and reminds me of growing up.  Okay, I know very silly.  D on the other hand loves that it reminds him of Seindfeld.  
I also received this beautiful camel!  Thank you D.  It is exactly what I wanted.  I wanted a daily reminder that I am an 18th camel.  It doesn't make sense to anyone but me.  My kids thought it was CRAZY that Santa had given me a camel.  I added the  cute tag w/ my new scrap book adhesive.  Another gift that my school kids did not understand.  "Santa bought you tape.  Why would Santa bring you tape?"  I guess my gifts were me specific this year.  Only I understood them.


And then these lovely things.  I have wanted a fire pit for years.  This year I got one w/ two deck chairs.  I can't wait for it to warm up enough to use the lovely thing.  The kids are so excited to get to roast marshmallows in our own back yard.

1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

Oh, GREAT gifts!! When I finally get my own house, I too want a screen door that slams! It's such a great sound, glad you "get it" too!
We have the same fire pit, but not relaxing chairs like that, they're nice! Roasting marshmellows with it is fun, cannot wait to see pictures!