Friday, December 31, 2010

Scrappy-ness

My scrap time started with 25 of these.  One for Charlie's teacher and 24 for the amazing women that I work with.  They are a true blessing in my life.  This year has had a few scary days (my mom's close to stroke).  They stopped what they were doing and prayed with me.  What an AMAZING world I live in that my co-workers can/will pray with me.  They have continued to lift me up and check on me.  They are incredible.  I am blessed to call them friends.  

 And, of course I would fail to take pictures of the necklaces.  I asked each lady's favorite color.  It was neat to tailor each necklace.

 The ones shown here are will be added to my Etsy shop.  It will open tomorrow. I am pretty excited about it.
Next came these very neat pieces.  I found there here.  I had printed out her blog piece and took it home to practice with Charlie. 


I thought  it would make good parent gifts.  I put Brantley down for a nap telling Charlie we would do this when I got back.  I had all the supplies on the table.  When I came back this is what Charlie had created by looking at the paper.  AMAZING!
   

 Here is a prayer book "Praying for your children"  It is in pink and gray. It would make a wonderful gift for a new born baby girls mother.    The idea is that you will meditate on one prayer and verse each day for 31 days and then begin again. 
 I got the idea from here.  I love their cards but I wanted something a little prettier.  I made one for myself and a very good friend.  I then started making them for baby gifts.  I hope others like them as well.

As I am making them, I pray the prayers for the child it will be for.
 


Here is another thing that I will add to my etsy shop.  They can be custom (your favorite verse and color).  I started by getting a list of favorite verses from my friends.  This verse is my stepmom's favorite.  I love how it turned out.  I use these canvas to decorate around my home.  Each child has a verse in there room.  I have a few canvases that I change out with the month or season so that I am reminded of God's word.

3 comments:

A Soldier Girl said...

those are so amazing I love those. Happy New year

lisa truesdell said...

beautiful!

Jennifer said...

fun stuff! happy new year!! :)