Thursday, October 23, 2008

Retreat at Wind Rush Vineyard

These are the lovely ladies from Church that went to the retreat with me. Well really I should say that the four of us were the only people in attendance. I think God knew that Terra and I needed that. Levi was born three weeks ago. Brantley went with me. We stayed up kind of late and played this really cool game called Imagineifff. I think I am going to have to ask for it from my mother for Christmas. It is such a great game.


We went to this great little retreat center in Edmond. I would love to rent it out for a girls weekend of scraping...For a group to rent it would not be that expensive. There is plenty of room to set up card tables as scrappy space.
It made me laugh when the owner said that she would turn on the creek in the morning. Yes, I said turn on... growing up in Arkansas we had real creeks not ones that you turn on. I just found it really funny.



Here is the view from the small pond. There is a bridge that Charlie would just love. The place is just simply beautiful.
We were told to pack sleeping bags because they didn't know how many people would be attending. Not only did I get this incredible bed but I got my own room too. How great is that for a "retreat."
I really loved my stay at Wind Rush.

2 comments:

Kristin and Co. said...

Is that what makes you Arkies feel better about yourselves? "We have real creeks, not ones you have to turn on"? Sheesh. Don't make me come beat you up.

mommy2alex said...

What a relaxing weekend!
Beautiful room too - a scrapbook retreat would be so wonderful, too bad I live so darn far away!